Awesome Lime Buttercream
I actually came up with this lime buttercream recipe when I was making lemon cupcakes. At first I thought I’d put a lemon buttercream on the cupcake, but I decided to use lime instead. I’m really glad I did because the buttercream turned out awesome! It was delicious and tasted great with the cupcakes.
I suggest you try the recipe yourself! It’s really simple.
Let’s make the lime buttercream now
All you need is butter, confectioner’s sugar and a lime.
First grate the lime for that gorgeous lime zest.
Next squeeze the lime and sieve the juice.
Now, take your butter and add it to a bowl.
With an electric mixer start creaming the butter.
Once it’s nice and creamy like this, it’s time for the next step…
Take half of the confectioners’ sugar and add it to the creamy butter.
Mix it till all the sugar is incorporated in the butter.
Now add the lime zest.
And the sieved lime juice.
Mix it all up.
And add the rest of the confectioners’ sugar. Mix it again till all of the sugar is incorporated into the butter. Once the mixture is nice and creamy your done!
Now you’re ready to start piping the lime buttercream onto cupcakes, or you can use it as a filling for a cake.
Now wasn’t that a easy and simple lime buttercream recipe? I just love the freshness that the lime brings to the buttercream.
I’d love to hear what you think of the recipe as well. Just let me know in the comments and don’t forget to rate the recipe!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- Grate the lime.
- Squeeze the lime and sieve the juice.
- In a bowl, add butter and with an electric mixer beat until it's creamy.
- Add half of the confectioners' sugar to the butter and mix till it's incorporated.
- Add lime zest and juice and mix till it's all incorporated.
- Add the rest of the confectioners' sugar to the buttercream and mix until nice and creamy.
- Use as cupcake topping or as a filling for cakes.