Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
I think I’m in love with this brown sugar cream cheese frosting! I came up with this recipe when I wanted to incorporate brown sugar into my frosting. I saw several recipes online but decided to adapt my creamy cream cheese frosting to create this brown sugar cream cheese frosting. I made it and was instantly hooked. The brown sugar adds a hint of caramel to the frosting.
How To Make Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
To create this delicious frosting you’ll need cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
Add cream cheese, butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl.
Add lemon zest and mix till creamy. Next, add the confectioners’ sugar in increments to the frosting and mix till creamy and fully incorporated.
That’s it, that’s all you need to do to get this delicious frosting.
This topping is perfect for cakes and cupcakes.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||0 minutes|
- 1/2 cup butter 100 g - softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese 225 g - softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar 100 g
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar 500 g - powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon zest of half a lemon
- Add cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest to a bow and mix till creamy. Next, add the confectioners' sugar in increments to the frosting and mix till creamy and fully incorporated.
- Use the frosting to frost cupcakes or us it as a topping or filling for cakes.
Please note that the cup measurements in this recipe are approximate. I have added cups for those that prefer using cups. The recipe is most accurate using weights measurements.