Cakies’ Classic Buttercream
Cakies’ Classic Buttercream is a simple buttercream recipe which can be used as filling for cakes or as topping for cupcakes. This basic buttercream is my version of the many classic buttercream recipes available. It’s my go to recipe whenever I need to make a buttercream.
Making the Classic Buttercream
A basic buttercream consists of a few simple ingredients…
Butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
First things first, take your main ingredient, butter and dunk it in a bowl.
Next, with an electric mixer beat till the butter is creamy.
Slow down the speed of your mixer and gradually add half of the confectioners’ sugar to the butter. Mix until the sugar is fully incorporated.
Salt and mix till it’s fully incorporated.
Now its time to add the rest of the confectioners’ sugar and mix till it’s creamy and fluffy.
And there you have it, my classic buttercream! You can use it as is, or add a flavouring. Add it as a topping to your cupcakes or as a filling for a cake.
SAVE PIN: http://pin.it/276xni4
- 1 cup butter large cup / 250 g
- 3 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar sifted / 430 g
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- In a bowl, add butter and with an electric mixer beat until it’s creamy.
- Reduce speed and gradually add half of the confectioners’ sugar to the butter and mix till it’s incorporated.
- Add milk, salt, vanilla and mix till it's incorporated.
- Add the rest of the confectioner's sugar and mix until creamy and fluffy.
- Use as cupcake topping or as a filling for cakes.
You can add any flavouring you like to suit your needs. Add more milk for a creamier result or add more sugar for a stronger mixture.
Great post 🙂 I’ve never thought of confectioners sugar – is that the same as caster sugar?
Keep going you’re doing great with your blog 🙂
Confectioners’ sugar is powdered sugar, it’s not the same as caster sugar which is a very fine sugar. I think it’s also called icing sugar in the U.K.